A short interview with Donovan Waite Shihan. We asked him couple of questions, and got some great answers! When you like it, we hope that you can join one of his seminars.
Gedanate says: It isn’t often that we get to sit in on a question and answer session with a high-ranking Aikido teacher… and for those not used to the foreign terminology, a Shihan is a master teacher. He is the guy who teaches all the black belt martial artists how to become masters. To my understanding, a Shihan is normally 7th dan (7th level) black belt or higher. But some styles, such as the Shodokan aikido I do, may have removed the 10th Dan and even the 9th Dan grade level out of respect their dead masters. (I believe the logic is that nobody who follows in that master’s footsteps is allowed to reach the highest-possible level. But I am sure there is a better explanation somewhere.)
If there is, please leave your comment here!
- Swiss Army Librarian » MLA2010: Black Belt Librarians: Dealing with Difficult Patrons :: Brian Herzog
- Marriage Enrichment Seminars: Do Marriage Seminars Really Work? (What You Need To know?) (dating after divorce advice)
- Anyone in Cumming Georgia interested in training?
- Top 7 Kicks in Martial Arts Movie History | Ikigai | Blogging the Martial Way
- Woman Seduction made Easy by Black Belt Seduction Guide | bloggenrelationships.com
- Mouradian: The Sound of Footsteps on April 24 in Istanbul | Armenian Weekly